Mental Health And Me Tag

14:43

I recently saw this tag over on Hollie Roses blog and although she created it in 2015 its inspired me to do it on this blog now. She said that she created it to help spread awareness of mental health so if any of you are reading this and want to get involved then please do.

Now lets get straight into it…

1. What is your Mental Health Issue?
 I have struggled with eating disorders, anxiety and depression.

2. Do you have medication and/or therapy?
I am now recovered so do not use any medication or attend therapy

3. What therapy/medication have you tried and has any worked for you?
 In the past I was prescribed Fluoxetine but I didn't like it so came off them pretty quickly. The therapy I have taken part in include group therapy, CBT and EMDR therapy. I would say for me personally, all of the therapy sessions helped me a lot more than the medication ever did.

4. How long have you had problems for?
My eating disorder started around the age of 10 however I did not seek help till I had just turned 20. I would say I started to get more anxious and depressed at high school.

5. Do your family/friends know?
My close family and friends all know but no not everybody knows about it.

6. Does this effect your work and daily living?
Yes massively, I had to quit my job last year due to it. I am now recovered but I still have destructive thoughts and bad days to deal with.

7. What makes you feel calm?
Seeing friends, writing, talking to my parents or boyfriend about how I'm feeling. I think I'm most calm if I have been able to tell someone when I'm struggling because then I don't have a million thoughts racing around my head.

8. What do you do in a crisis?
If I'm in a crisis I will talk to my mum about it and she will help me work it out 💖

9. What advice would you give others that are suffering?
The advice that I would give someone who is suffering from a mental health issue would be, know that you are worth recovery! Seek help and don't go through it alone.

10. What makes you smile?
Getting comments and messages from people saying that my blog has helped them, my family and my friends.

11. Describe your Mental Health Issue in five words.
Consuming, tiring, obnoxious, misleading and claustrophobic.

12. Insert a picture to make people smile.
Have this photo of these lion cubs just because they're my favourite 😂



Hope you're all having a lovely day!
Lorna
xxx


You Might Also Like

0 comments