Get to Know Me!

13:48

Okay... So I have been writing on this blog for a while now about quite personal stuff but have never given my real name or shown pictures of myself (You may have seen photos of me if you follow my instagram account). This is because my eating disorder was something that was a secret for around 10 years and even now that those closest to me have been made aware of it for over a year, it still terrifies me to openly say that I have an eating disorder. Which if I'm honest just fits into there being a stigma around mental health. I shouldn't have to feel worried about how people may judge me or treat me differently because of it. I know when I have finished writing this post I will be scared to post it but it needs to be done.
If I want to be able to help people talk openly about their own struggles then I should practice what I'm preaching.

So here is a little bit about me so that you can get to know the person behind this blog.

1. What is your name? Lorna

2. Zodiac sign? I am a capricorn, born in early January.

3. 3 fears? Death of people I love (start off with the worse) , heights and drowning!

4. Last song listened to? Cruel- Snakehips and Zayn Malik

5. Reason for making a blog? Theres a few reasons I made this blog. I started it when I was going through some therapy and wanted to use it as a tool to look back on and to see how far I have come in my recovery. I also wanted to make this blog so that others going through similar things to me could read it and it can hopefully help them. I remember trying to find blogs about eating disorders before I started mine and there wasn't very many, so if this blog can manage to help even one person to go and seek help then I've done what I wanted to achieve.

6. How do you feel right now? A bit anxious because I'm going to work in a couple of hours and I am going to be meeting and working with some new staff.

7. Something you really, really want? I really, really want to go and see my university friends and have a night out with them!!

8. My current relationship status? I am single

9. Meaning behind my blog name? This blog is called Biting Back and I named it that because I felt like it was a way of saying I'm fighting back with my recovery and as it is an eating disorder I am trying to recover from I chose to use Biting Back instead and it sounded quite catchy to me.

10. Someone I miss? ALL OF MY UNIVERSITY FRIENDS ( I will stop talking about them soon…maybe)

11. My relationship with my parents? I have the best relationship with my parents! They do everything for me and my brother. They have been so supportive about everything and I have hated having to upset them over my disorder. I love them so much!

12. 3 things that annoy me easily? Homophobic people! I will never understand them. People with no manners, its doesn't take much time to say please or thank you and lastly ignorant people, don't message me first if you're not going to reply to me.

13. My favourite Animal? Lions especially when they are little cubs.

14. Future goals? Short term goals would be to learn to drive and buy a car but further into the future I would love to be on a writing team for television dramas or working on films and travelling the world.

15. Favourite Food? Chips!

16. Favourite drink? Definitely has to be Tango ice blasts! The pink and blue one!!

17. What did I do yesterday? I stayed at home and continued to work on my show reel and uploaded some of my short films on youtube

18. What GCSE's did you do? At my school we had to take science, english, maths, citizenship and religious education but the subjects I chose to do were It, french, spanish and history.

20. What university degree did you do? I did Film and Television production


And lastly upload a picture of yourself (I'm in the middle). Now thats done in my future posts I will actually be able to upload pictures. Hope you're all having a lovely day.





Lorna 
xx


You Might Also Like

0 comments