Letter to my friends.

14:15

I was originally going to write this post as one letter that would be addressed to my friends in general. However when I thought about it there are four people in particular that have really helped me in terms of my eating disorder and recovery and I felt like I should write a paragraph addressed to each of them instead just to let them know how much I appreciate all they've done for me. I don't want to write their names in case they aren't comfortable with it but they'll know who they are since they're the only friends I allow to read this blog 😂.





To J,
        You're the friend that I have known the longest and we've literally grown up together through nursery and both schools and we've managed to get through it all together and remain friends now. We might not get to see each other very often but when we do its like nothings changed. I love being able to see your confidence grow with every year we get older and I'm so proud of how far you've come in your career already and it is literally a job that is made for you as you are the nicest person I think I've ever met and through out all the years I've known you I have never known you intentionally hurt anyone. In fact I don't think I've ever seen you hurt anyone by accident either haha. I still remember the first time I told you about my eating disorder and I wasn't even that nervous to do it because I knew that you wouldn't judge me for it. I feel like I can tell you anything and I know that you won't run off and tell everyone.
Thank you for being a great friend and I look forward to the many more year of friendship that we have to come!
From Lorna xxx

To T,
         God I don't even know where to start 😂. You are the weirdest person I have ever met in my entire life but in the best way possible! I never feel afraid or ashamed to tell you anything because I know you'll come back to me with a story thats 1 billion times stranger haha. I told you about my eating disorder a couple of years before I told everyone else and you encouraged me to sort myself out and you was the first person to open my eyes to some of the dangers and strains I was putting on myself by using these disordered behaviours. You always reminded me that I didn't need to put myself through that shit and that I was better than that. I know we hardly see each other anymore but I am very thankful to you for showing me the outcomes an eating disorder can have on a person and for always encouraging me to just be me.
Thank you for being the weirdo that you are and for not ever judging me.
From Lorna xxx

To G,
         You are the first person I go to when I need to have a rant about anything because you take the time to listen to me and help me through times when I'm feeling like shit or I'm over thinking silly little things. You seem to know exactly what to say to stop my mind from going over time and that is honestly exactly what I need when I'm having one of those days. You know what I'm thinking before I even have the chance to tell you 😂. You helped me through so much at the time when I first told anyone about my eating disorder and have done basically every day since. You took me to the hospital when I had to leave class because of palpitations and stayed there with me. When the doctor asked if it was ok to talk about things in front of you, I didn't even hesitate to tell him it was fine because I trusted you and knew that I didn't have to hide anything from you. I can truly say that I don't think I would have been able to stay at uni if it wasn't for you being there for me when I needed you. I still have the texts from when I first told you about it and you responded in a way I can only hope other peoples friends react when they open up to them about their mental health.
Thank you for letting me fill up your messages daily with my rants and for letting me use your netflix 😉 Miss You!!
From Lorna xxx

To S,
         If it wasn't for you I would probably still be keeping it all a secret. Im very thankful for your birthday party and the many shots we did which led me to making that drunk phone call 😂. You lived with me through out probably the shittest time of my life and still managed to put a smile on my face and make me laugh every day. At the time, I didn't know that you and my mum were in contact to keep an eye on me, but I'm grateful that you did because I know it helped her cope a lot better. You did everything you could to help. From hiding the scales that were in the bathroom so that I couldn't weigh myself, distracting me after meals with the television or having us all play board games to waltzing into my room and jumping in my bed when I would try to seclude myself to go and use eating disorder behaviours. I know that I wasn't the easiest person to live with when I was in that place, infact I was a bitch and probably snapped at you and the others way more than I ever should have done. You would stay up on nights when I would come home drunk crying my eyes out because my self esteem was nothing and even though you would have much rather preferred going to sleep you still tried to talk me out of it and cheer me up knowing you was probably going to be in the same situation in a few days when I went out and got drunk again. Even through out all that shit we had the best times! Singing our hearts out to Whitney and trying to produce the best asmr videos that we could 😂. You made me laugh at times when I was the most depressed I have ever been and I honestly love you so much!
Thank you for putting up with my bullshit for that long and for keeping me happy throughout it all.
From Lorna xxx

I love all four of you so much and even though I have tried to explain in this how thankful I am for you all, I don't think it will be possible to actually word just how much you actually mean to me!
Its important to show those that have helped you how grateful you are for them and how much you appreciate all they've done for you, so if you have someone you would like to thank just go ahead and do it!! 😀
            

You Might Also Like

0 comments