Australia Travels!! 🐨 ✈️

11:14


This post is going to be a bit of a different one as it is more about my trip to Australia rather than my eating disorder. However I will try to write a few bits about the types of food I had/ how I felt whilst there.
I have ALWAYS wanted to visit Australia and in August I got the opportunity to pack my case and go. I went to Australia with my boyfriend to visit his sister who is out there working in Sydney. We stayed at the flat of his sister and her husband in Sydney and the views from the balcony were amazing!!
I had the best time whilst there and I can not wait to go back one day! We stayed there for a couple of weeks and everyday was packed with visiting somewhere new...So I am now going to write about some of my favourite places I visited whilst there. 

Night Life 
The first night that we got there we were quite jet lagged but we had a shower and went straight out for drinks and a meal. The first place we went to was the Opera bar and if you ever visit Sydney you need to go there! It has the two most iconic views of Sydney surrounding it. Those being the Harbour bridge and the Opera House. They also had a good acoustic band performing to.
My absolute favourite place to go at the weekends was The Kirribilli Hotel. The atmosphere on the nights of the weekend really was something else. It was quite busy but that's what made it. The atmosphere was so fun with people of all ages singing along to the performers (which by the way we didn't see one bad performer whilst in there) at the top of their voices. Everyone was friendly and very talkative when they realised we weren't from around the area. I did have food there one night and the chips were good but I wasn't a big fan of the rest of the meal so wouldn't recommend it for food unless it was just snacky things but apart from that I loved it in there.

Day Activities 
We visited a lot of places through the day and if I went into detail about all the places this post would be way too long 😂 So I will give a quick list of things we did and then go into detail about my favourite four things that we did/ places we visited. We visited Hawkesbury River, Northern Beaches, The Rocks, Watsons Bay, The Royal Botanic Gardens, Manly and the Bondi to Coogee walk.
One thing we did that I really didn't expect to enjoy but massively surprised myself was that we went to watch the ruby at the Anz Stadium for the All Blacks vs the Wallabies. Even though I didn't understand what was going on at first, after bombarding my boyfriend with questions, I actually really enjoyed watching it and enjoyed the atmosphere with in the stadium. 
We went to the Blue Mountains which was a huge walk with lovely scenery everywhere you looked. It also had various railways to get you around and one of the railways was the worlds steepest one and I did not expect it to be as steep as it was and nearly lost my bag and phone out of  my hand when it set off 😂.
We booked a whale watching trip and in all honesty I wasn't expecting to see any whales/ thought they'd be way off in the distance but it was actually an extraordinary experience! We set off from Sydney harbour on a speed boat which took us out to the ocean and we found three whales travelling together and they were actually so close to the boat. We spent two hours on the boat and the crew had a lot of facts and were very friendly. I would definitely recommend to go whale watching if you get the opportunity to. 
We went to Taronga zoo and I got to meet the koala bears!!! I absolutely loved it and wish that I could have brought one home but I had to make do with a teddy version instead. They had a seal show and a show with all of the birds and it was stunning to see how well trained the animals were and also the view of where the show took place was lovely as you could see the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge whilst the birds were flying around. 

Food/ Mental health side of the trip
I did struggle with the food aspect whilst there, not because of my eating disorder, just because I'm very fussy and a lot of the menus didn't have plain options and all included some form of sauce or spice/herb. My favourite restaurant we went to was Macchiato wood fire pizza. I had a margarita pizza and finished it all and they also had a good range of cocktails on the menu. My mental health was good for most of the trip as travelling is a massive distraction and your time is constantly filled.

I loved Australia and am so thankful I had the opportunity to go as it has always been on my list of places to travel and I can now tick it off even though I will definitely be going again at some point 😀
I hope none of you mind that Ive done a different kind of post today I just wanted to document the trip so I can look back at it. Future posts will be back to usual 💖

You Might Also Like

0 comments